America’s Premier Provider of Corporate Dining and Refreshment Services
American Food & Vending strives to serve our guests only the freshest, sustainable and most wholesome cuisine available. As part of our Fresh Difference Culinary Philosophy, we are continuously working with our suppliers to increase our sourcing of natural, locally produced menu items.
Our Fresh Difference Culinary Philosophy
- Assemble our menu from scratch using the freshest ingredients of the highest quality
- Source and use local, in season, organic, and antibiotic-free produce and meats throughout our daily menus
- Offer a broad array of healthy menu features across all points of service
- Offer a menu which embraces vegan and vegetarian choices throughout our cafés
- Embrace the diverse culinary traditions of our global community
- Provide unparalleled respect for individuals with food allergies and special dietary requirements
- Insist upon sourcing all meats and seafood through vendors which embrace sustainability and the humane treatment of animals
- Engage in sustainable kitchen practices which reduce waste and conserve energy
Specific Procurement Practices and Sourcing Targets
Our commitment to natural sourcing extends to an obligation to ensure that all animals are responsibly raised and treated humanely. As part of this commitment, American Food & Vending will continue to effectively leverage our buying power to establish lasting relationships with vendors who share our values. Below is a list of procurement standards and sourcing targets of which all vendors seeking to do business with American Food & Vending must be aware.
Sourcing items locally grown or produced ensures freshness, helps support a vibrant local economy, and lowers our carbon footprint by reducing greenhouse gas emissions during transportation. We actively seek to establish new partnerships with vendors and growers within each of the markets we serve and our goal is to source at least 20 percent of all items within a 200 mile radius of each operation.
American Food & Vending will work with suppliers to continuously increase our sourcing of cage-free eggs. Depending on available supplies, our goal is to transition to exclusive use of cage-free eggs by the year 2020.
American Food & Vending joins with animal protection organizations around the world in our support of the Global Animal Partnership’s statement on Broiler Chicken Welfare and by 2024, we will require our chicken suppliers to do the following for 100% of our products:
- Transition to strains of birds approved by RSPCA or Global Animal Partnership (GAP) based on measurably improved welfare outcomes
- Reduce stocking density to a maximum of 6 lbs./sq. foot and prohibit broiler cages
- Provide birds enriched environments including litter, lighting, and enrichment that meets GAP’s new standards
- Process chickens in a manner that avoids pre-stun handling and instead utilizes a multi-step controlled-atmosphere processing system that induces an irreversible stun
- Demonstrate compliance with the above standards via third party auditing
Dairy & Beef
American Food & Vending actively works with our vendor partners toward the responsible use of antibiotics, the reduction in use of feed additives and hormones, and the elimination of bovine growth hormone.
American Food & Vending encourages the industry movement toward responsibly and humanely raised, group-housed pork. As supplies permit, we pledge to transition our purchases to 100% group-housed pork by 2024.